Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost for a tax return?
- Every return is different; so we prefer to provide individualised quotes based upon your circumstances and as such, the fee is based upon the complexity of the return. As a general guide, a simple individual return starts from $110-.
- Can I do fee from refund?
- Yes, of course. There will be an additional $22- levied to cover the bank fees and additional administration.
- I haven't lodged a return for years
- This is not a problem, we can complete all prior year returns for you. Please contact us for a bulk return quote.
- I have a second job, why I am I taxed so much?
- The $6000 tax free threshold only applies to your first job. Other income is taxed at your full marginal rate.
- I have lost my PAYG summary, can you still complete my tax return without it?
- Yes, we can recreate your return from your payslips or we may be able to get a copy from the ATO.
- I recently lost a family member, do I still have to complete a tax return for them?
- Whilst this is usually a very sad and traumatic time of life, the ATO requires that a final tax return be lodged to wrap up their affairs.
Superannuation Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I set up a self managed superfund?
- Self managed superfunds can be setup by anyone over the the age of 18 provided they are not a disqualified person.
- What contributions can be accepted by a self managed superfund?
- A self managed superfund can accept contributions from all sources including:
- superannuation guarantee contributions
- your salary sacrifice from your employer
- your after-tax personal contributions
- from Government co-contributions
- transfer or roll-over from other superannuation funds
- How many members can a self managed superfund have?
can be be no more than 4 members in a self managed superannuation fund,
however they need not be related (ie spouse, partner, children, family
members, relatives, friends or a mixture). The individual member
balances are tracked and member statements produced for each annually.
- Is it possible to have only 1 member?
- Yes. The most common arrangements are:
- Two trustees, one is the member and the other is a relative.
- A body corporate acting as trustee
- How much do I need to start a self managed superfund?
will need to have enough in superannuation to make a self managed
superfund cost-effective and achieve investment diversification.
Opinions vary as to the amount required. More members can make this
easier as larger fund balances reduce relative costs.